[Shop-talk] Dishwasher - leaky pump

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Dishwasher - leaky pump
From: "Jack Brooks" <jibjib@att.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 16:41:49 -0700
I just noticed the cupping of the wood floor near the dishwasher <expletive>
and traced it down to a leaky dishwasher pump.

Thirteen year old dishwasher with a leaky pump.  This is the first issue we
have had in the six years since owning the house.

Two question arise:

1. Pull and possibly repair or replace the pump or buy new.

2. If I buy new, and the budget is $500-900, what suggestions can you make,
especially for quieter machines?  It does not have to be whisper quite, as
we run it right before heading up to bed.  Hearing it run while we are in
the kitchen would be fine.

Thanks in advance,

Jack