Re: [Shop-talk] I hate static

To: nases@verizon.net, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] I hate static
From: "Chadwick E. Labno" <chad@linuxeg.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 15:02:13 -0400
Both AM and FM? My guess, if it is just AM the noise is
entering through the antenna but if both AM and FM
are effected you have noise on your power line.
For am AM, use a portable radio to isolate the
source of the interference. Both AM and FM try
a power line filter - Google "power line filter".
You might have a defective dimmer or florescent
light ballast. Start powering down equipment till
the trouble clears.
chad