Re: [Shop-talk] Airline Piping

Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Airline Piping
From: "Mullen, Tim" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 10:14:51 -0500
Doug Braun wrote:

> My rationale for trusting the hose was this:
>
> It was designed to <...> as high as 90 psi, with much
> higher transient pressures possible due to water hammer.
>
> <...>
>
> BTW, here is the spec sheet for the hose I used:

My only concern with the water heater hose would be is the
working pressure.  The spec sheet indicates the maximum
working pressure is 125 PSI.

I believe all of my air hoses are rated for at least
200 PSI for the cheap ones - more for my good hoses.
The burst pressure is at least three times that amount.

Tim Mullen