Re: [Shop-talk] Airline Piping

Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Airline Piping
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 17:41:09 -0700
   Yup and people drive hundreds of thousands of miles with no
accident then they are dead in one minor accident.

   People drive (I am guessing) 180,000miles on their motorcycle with
no accident then Soccer Mom runs a frigging stop and broadsides you
(But I am not dead)

   You saw air line hoses flap around and did not get hit lets say
lots of times, do you want that smacking you in the back of the head
or your yahoos belows the belt, might not kill you but it sure will
make you wonder if that extra few dollars would have been worth
it.  Then again, it might kill you, you never can tell the strength
of those hoses and where they hit you.

  In the case of those hoses,  its almost guaranteed they will just
hiss away until you shut off the compressor, I bet you have a better
chance of winning the lottery then getting hurt by one, but that
stainless wrapping will hurt quite a bit when it becomes a chunk of
shrapnel.  Sometimes safety has no price.

         mike

>Did I miss something here?  We're talking rubber with steel braid?
>Maybe 3 feet long?
>
>It'll make a loud "Pssst" noise and wiggle around a bit won't it?
>Then it'll stop wiggling and go "whoosh" until you turn it off?
>
>I've never seen a hard line break but we'd occasionally drop something
>hot and/or heavy on those 1? inch hoses when I was a helper back in
>the pipeline days and it's like a fighter with a pretty good punch and a
>30 foot reach but no control.  You might get hit but probably not.
>
>About as scary as a grease pit half full of carbon monoxide.

Mike Rambour
Bug Writer err...Programmer
       mikey@b2systems.com