Re: [Shop-talk] bridgeport or cincinnati mill?

To: <scott.hall@comcast.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] bridgeport or cincinnati mill?
From: "Herby" <herby@herbytoys.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 17:01:33 -0700
Scott,

I (my company actually) have old repairable Moog tape "CNC" mill you can
have for free. Shipping's on you of course :)

Herby
63 MKII Sprite (Herbytoy - patiently waiting)
62 MKII Sprite (the "resto-mod" driver)
00 Dakota R/T (the new toy)
herby@herbytoys.com
www.herbytoys.com

 subject says it all.  seems like it's time to add my very own mill to the
garage.  the guy that I learned from had nice things to say about cincinnati
products, though we used two lagun republic jobbies.  but it seems like
bridgeports are ubiquitous and might be easier to source parts/help for.

so all else being equal, should I start my search for one or the other?  any
particular models to avoid?

(yes, I googled, but you guys actually use them and discuss in real time.
but any additional web sites appreciated.)

thanks in advance.

scott