RE: removing god-awful deodorizer smell?

To: "'Shop Talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: removing god-awful deodorizer smell?
From: "Mike Frerichs" <frerichs@tconl.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 23:33:40 -0600
Forgot to mention that around here at least, most of the high-end car wash
places, and certainly any detail places offer steam cleaning of carpet and
cloth upholstery.  The cost usually isn't too bad to have that done and I've
had good luck getting rid of some smells that way.  If that doesn't do it
I'd guess, as others have suggested, that the smell is in the vent system.
According to the Car Talk guys, the only way to thoroughly clean that out is
to completely disassemble the system -- not fun.

BTW, what type of car?  I believe you suggested that it's something you've
been looking for for a long time.

Mike Frerichs