Re: removing god-awful deodorizer smell?

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: removing god-awful deodorizer smell?
From: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 23:42:42 -0500
On Feb 11, 2007, at 11:29 PM, scott.hall@comcast.net wrote:
>   didn't really notice it bad until I smelled my clothes this
> weekend and it was still there.
>
> the smell
> it sticks to your clothes and hair.
> I'm not a big smell person,
> to this day if you stick your head in the passenger cabin, you can
> smell whatever it is.
>
> I don't smell 'smoke' on the plus side, but I'd almost rather try
> to get rid of that smell than this one.  you  really gotta smell it
> to believe it.  like the whole entire car was hosed down with it.
> really.
>
> the car would have to go if this doesn't go away.

So what I'm hearing you say is that you don't like this smell, would
that be correct?

Seriously, I'd start by looking in the vents, ashtrays, map pockets
and under all the seats for sponge bits soaked in scented oil or
other obvious culprit.

Try covering all the carpet and fabric with plain baking soda and
vacuum after an hour or so.

Douse the non baking soda accessible sites with Febreeze.

jim