Re: Any using Nitrogen?

To: scott.hall@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Any using Nitrogen?
From: Wayne <wmc_st@xxiii.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 16:43:53 -0500
scott.hall@comcast.net wrote:
> what do you guys use to check your tire pressures?
> I've got about a dozen 'stick' gauges that I use, and my uncle (who works for
>Goodyear) gave me a very nice dial gauge that I hope is still buried in my
>toolbox from the move.  but I really ought to buy one to keep in the garage
>for quick (and more frequent) checking.

tHROW OUT THE STICK GAUGES.  They're notoriously inaccurate.

AutoZone & Advance sell a dial gauge with about a 1' hose whip for about
$15.  They have different names on them, but all have an orange
rubber-like housing.  I've bought three of them.  They all read
identically.  And they have a nice bleed-down button, so you can
overfill just a little, then bleed down to accurately get the final
pressure.
   -Wayne