Re: garage door opener questions

To: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>, shop-talk
Subject: Re: garage door opener questions
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:55:11 -0500
You know, I have a Sears opener too, and when I get the "flashing
light" it is because of the safety beam thing.  Either a broken wire,
beam misalignment or bugs/dirt/leaves obstructing the beam.  The
other issues regarding force, and other  mechanical faults cause the
door to do similar things, but the light does not flash.  The only
other time I've had the light flash is once when the main board was
fried from lightning.  That part costs almost as much as the whole
opener, so if that's the case, just replace it.