RE: garage door opener questions

To: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>, "shop-talk"
Subject: RE: garage door opener questions
From: "Galt, Stuart A" <stuart.a.galt@boeing.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 08:09:17 -0800

Oddly enough my door did that this morning too... It was
warm yesterday and about 27F this morning.. My doors are
12ft tall and 16ft wide. I chalked it up to the joints
freezing and the hinges being stiff..  If I forced it up
an inch or two then hit the button again it would go up a
bit more then stop again.  But I got it up high enough to
get the motorcycle out and then it closed no problems..

In your case I would look at the motor for a stiff chain
or belt missing tooth, or something misaligned...

Stuart.