garage door opener questions

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: garage door opener questions
From: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 19:25:41 -0500
One of our garage door openers has stopped working.  It moves about
six inches, and then stops.  It flashes the light, same as if it's hit
something, or the electric eyes are tripped. and then backs up.  This
opener has previously had problems when it's got cold, requiring
adjustments to the downward force on the back of the machine.  That's
not the problem here, as I've turned it all the way up.  It does the
same thing with the door uncoupled.  It's a Sears Craftsmen unit, 1/2
HP made in 1995.  I don't know the model number off hand, though I
could go look.

Suggestions?

--
David Scheidt