RE: Drawing program

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Drawing program
From: PJ McGarvey <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 11:42:03 -0500
Google Sketchup.  I've used it a little for my own "remodeling" fantasies, and
I know some woodworkers use it to design projects, etc.

It's free, and it's from Google, so you know it's good.  Not sure what else it
can do, but it should def. be worth your time to try it.

PJ

> From: cornerexit@gmail.com> To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net> Subject: Drawing
program> Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 08:23:28 -0800> > > I am doing some remodeling
to the house, adding a home office, a bay window,> etc. > > > > Would like
have some sort of drawing program that at a minimum would give me> some 2D
perspective on interior layout, but preferably some 3D perspective> on how
things are going to fit together, how the remodel will look when> completed
etc. It would be really great if said program could produce scaled>
construction drawings and extrapolate a material list from the design, but I>
know that's asking for a bit much. ;)> > > > A program that was more capable
than MS paint, yet without the learning> curve of AutoCAD type full-blown
drafting programs.> > > > I generally take post-it notes and make objects
which I use on your typical> 8.5x11 graph/grid paper with some sort of scale
applied, but my wife is> having trouble visualizing the designs through this
method.> > > > I fully understand that I can't expect architect quality
renditions, and> full-blown construction plans from a low cost/short learning
curve, do it> yourself approach like this. But I can't help wondering if there
is not> something out there (even if it is a bit crude) that would at least
be> better than my hand sketches?
Type your favorite song.  Get a customized station.  Try MSN Radio powered by
Pandora.
http://radio.msn.com