RE: Shop lighting ... (again)

To: "'Lee Daniels'" <lee@automate-it.com>, <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Shop lighting ... (again)
From: "Phil Nase" <nase@ptd.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 15:42:39 -0500
My garage is about 25x22.  I have to pairs of 8' lights mounted under the
beam 9' over the floor and they throw enough light for auto work.
They are the ballasted fixtures for cold temps and besides a little buzzing
they are good.

I hear from an engineer friend that if you mount them at 45 degrees to the
work area you won't get shadows on your work.   Not sure if a second fixture
should be 90 degrees to the first.  Others will comment I hope.

Phil Nase
Quakertown, PA
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa