Re: New theory of mine (humor, hoping to start a fun thread)

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New theory of mine (humor, hoping to start a fun thread)
From: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 18:44:07 -0500
Herb Tobin wrote:
> Despite the fact that Sears was not exactly the first place you'd expect
> to find parts for anything not made in Detroit, much less a 30 year old
> antique/exotic it should have been easy.

The local NAPA store was always the first place we looked for parts for
old or exotic cars. Their back catalogue was amazing and delivery was
almost always within a day. We found a fuel fitting for a Durant once
that no one else could deliver. Dunno if it is still that way, but that
was my experience in the early 80's.

Jon