Re: New theory of mine (humor, hoping to start a fun thread)

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New theory of mine (humor, hoping to start a fun thread)
From: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 16:39:06 -0500
Also Autozone (by phone):

Me: I need an end link for 1989 Volvo 740 front anti-roll bar

SK: A whuu?

Me: an end link for the front bar of a Volvo 740

SK: Whut kind of car?

Me: A Volvo 740

SK: Who makes that?

Me: Volvo

SK: Whut kind of car?

Me: 740

SK: Hang on (rapid talking in background)

SK2: Now, what do you need?

Me: I need an end link for 1989 Volvo 740 front anti-roll bar

SK2: A whut?

Me: (A little angry) Do you carry end links for front bars?

SK2: Yes, for what kind of car?

Me: A Volvo

SK2: Who makes that, Ford?

Me: (Very angry) Volvo is the car maker. Volvo makes cars!

SK2: Oh, let me look (long pause, sound of pages flipping and keys clicking)

SK2: You say a Volvo? I don't find any listing for Volvo.

Me: (Still steamed, spoken with spaces between each word as if talking
to a toddler) Do you carry end links for front bars?

SK2: Yes

Me: Can you tell me if you have an endlink, threaded on both ends, that
measures X

SK2: Nope, you'll have to bring it in so we can look at it.

Me: (Slams phone down)

This is pretty much word-for-word a conversation I had over 5 years ago.
I still remember almost every syllable of the conversation due to how
angry it made me. My buddy was listening in on my end and told me he was
surprised I didn't jump through the phone line and strangle the kid(s).
Either I was very much being played by two employees on a Saturday
afternoon who had decided they were going to see how difficult they
could make life for phone callers, or Autozone purposely hires the
people who are least qualified to be behind the counter of an auto parts
store.

Jon