Re: Waste Oil Container

To: "Mark Andy" <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Subject: Re: Waste Oil Container
From: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 22:24:42 -0500
On 1/2/07, Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> On Tue, 2 Jan 2007, David Scheidt wrote:
> > The concern is that brake fluid is often contaminated with various
> > solvents, like brake cleaners, which can make the whole batch
> > chlorinated, which makes it expensive hazardaus waste.  Whether you can
> > put in in your used oil depends on who is processing it, and what its
> > end use is.
>
> In my case, its long been a buddy of mine who has a waste-oil burner...
> Does this stuff get recycled into other things?

Well, it gets recycled into the same thing -- lubricating oils.  Lots
of it gets burnt in cement kilns and other high-temperature burners.
I don't know what the percentages for re-refining versus burning the
stuff off are; I expect it depends on local usage. the price of crude,
etc.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com