RE: small, inexpensive, good tablesaw

To: Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: small, inexpensive, good tablesaw
From: PJ McGarvey <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 08:14:04 -0500
My 3650 casters actually work pretty well, since I assembled and adjusted it.
I have a very uneven garage floor, and I rotate the saw pretty often to make
room without any problem, on occasion I'm able to move the saw into the
driveway over a small bump pretty easily too.  I think the floor model you
looked at just wasn't assembled or tweaked correctly.  The feet can be raised
or lowered and the lift system can be assembled either a little sloppy or more
tightly depending on how much effort you put into the assembly.

I also have a Ridgid bandsaw with the same Hercu-lift system, and it is *not*
as smooth as my table saw - since it doesn't move as much I haven't bothered
to tweak it.

PJ> I was all set to love the Rigid TS3650 Contractor saw... But that thing is
> just _so_ big. The table has got to be four feet wide. The castor system >
is also pretty crappy... Its an interesting design for easily retractable >
casters, but they just don't have enough travel. Even on a totally smooth >
floor the feet would drag with the casters extended. When you set the > feet
to not drag, they wouldn't touch down with the casters retracted. > The saw
itself felt just great though and if I wasn't space/mobility > limited it
seems like a good buy.
Express yourself with gadgets on Windows Live Spaces
http://discoverspaces.live.com?source=hmtag1&loc=us