RE: small, inexpensive, good tablesaw

To: Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: small, inexpensive, good tablesaw
From: PJ McGarvey <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 09:14:13 -0500
I have a Ryobi BTS-15 (same saw w/out the stand I think) for those portability
situations, but for any type of finish work, I'd trust my Ridgid 3650, which
is a great saw.  I would assume, and have read reviews, that the Ridgid
contractor saw is a great buy.  Same fence and basic construction as my
stand-alone saw, so I would trust it no problem.

The Ryobi has a flimsy/sloppy fence and I would not trust the miter gauge for
accurate cuts.  The saw makes an un-nerving sound when you start it up, like
the motor starts so hard that the saw vibrates itself pretty dramatically.
Other than that it has pretty good power and controls.

PJ
 > So the Ryobi BTS20 isn't a good choice?> >
http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?BV_SessionID=@
@@@0145675167.1166411098@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccckaddjjghkljicgelceffdfgidgin.0&CN
TTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=misc/searchResults.jsp&MID=9876&N=2984+3966&pos=n24> >
Right now, portability is probably as important as anything else. I >
understand that for cabinet making or whatever I want a really > heavy/stable
saw, but I need to be able to move this thing around myself, > in and out of a
truck, up steps, etc.
Use Messenger to talk to your IM friends, even those on Yahoo!
http://ideas.live.com/programpage.aspx?versionId=7adb59de-a857-45ba-81cc-685e
e3e858fe