Re: small, inexpensive, good tablesaw

To: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Subject: Re: small, inexpensive, good tablesaw
From: Pat Horne <roadsters@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 21:34:13 -0600
I have no experience with the BTS20 but I did have a TB3000 for a couple
years. It worked fine except when ripping long boards. Then it bogged
down. It required a heavy duty extension cord., 12 Ga.or 10 Ga. to work
properly. When it burned up from using it on too light an extension cord
I purchased a stationary table saw that I use in the shop.

I have used a Ridgid TS2400 on Habitat job sites and I had no complaints
(except when someone lost the power switch safety key). This saw may be
a bit out of your price range.

On job sites I now use a saw guide with my circular saw to rip
materials. Good ones can be purchased for a bit over $100 that will let
you rip material up to 8'.Don't buy the two piece guides, they bend too
much. An inexpensive miter saw could be purchased too, with the price of
the saw guide and miter saw being less than the price of  a cheap table saw.

Most of the work you can do on a table saw can be done with other saws.
The main thing that a table saw is best for is dado cuts.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Mark Andy:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001