RE: Infrared bathroom heater

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Infrared bathroom heater
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 10:44:24 -0700
> Does anyone have experience with adding some heat to their bathroom via an
> Infrared heater.

I use a 1500w free-standing "quartz tube" type heater, and I really like it.
The infrared heat feels a lot better to me than simple hot air, plus I don't
have to wait for it to warm the air ... just the infrared makes the room feel
warm.

But the other bathroom has a single-bulb heater, similar to the link you gave,
and it just doesn't put out enough heat, IMO.  Better than nothing, but I would
want 4 or 6 of them to get the power.

YMMV
Randall