Re: 4 light hi-beams

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 4 light hi-beams
From: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 13:27:21 -0400
john niolon wrote:
  > On a 2003 Tahoe... will wiring all lights to be on in the hi-beam
mode, since
> everything is made of plastic nowdays... will it create too much heat
> and I'll have a melt down costing hi beam $$$$$

The answer is going to be "it depends." It depends on which bulbs you
use, some put out much more heat than others even at the same watt
rating. It also depends on how much voltage is actually being delivered
to the bulbs. I wouldn't gamble with it.

Are your high beam patterns that poor that you feel you need to fill
them in with the lows? Why don't you buy a set of aux lamps that will
deliver the light you feel you need?

Jon