Re: generator rating requirements/brands?

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: generator rating requirements/brands?
From: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 14:40:18 -0400
It sounds like you've been getting more FUD than science. At this point
I'd look to hire an independent, high-end electrician who has good
measuring tools to actually instrument your in-house equipment to see
what the amperage demands are on start-up and running. It's a pretty
safe bet that everything won't start up at once, so as long as your
chosen genset can handle the equipment with the peak starting current
along with a logical load from the rest of your continuously running
equipment, you should be OK.

Everyone's house is different and rules of thumb are scary when you are
laying out that much cash.

I also think the genset folks publish their power quality numbers.

scott.hall@comcast.net wrote:

<words>