Crazy electrical question

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Crazy electrical question
From: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 13:01:56 -0700 (PDT)
A friend sent me this baffling note from a friend, any
help here would be greatly appreciated.

"In our bedroom we have a electrical outlet that is
driving me nuts. Seems when you plug in a clock to
this one outlet the clock begins to gain time faster
then it should. At first I thought I had a bad clock
so I changed it out for another one in the house that
had been working fine. It to began to add about 15
mins. each day to the replacement clock. The one I
removed from the outlet returned to normal after
plugging it into a outlet in another bedroom. I know
the one solution would be to just use another outlet
but is there a problem that I need to address with the
outlet in question? Can a outlet some how get more
watts to it that it could change the time in a clock?
If you have any suggestions PLEASE pass them on to me.
I don't have a meter to check this out but I'm
thinking of getting one. I'm not sure what it would
tell me to help fix the problem.

Thanks,
Ed