Radiator Hoses

To: Shop talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Radiator Hoses
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 15:23:53 -0400
Do any of you put anything on radiator hoses before installing
them?  I am looking for a way to keep hoses from seizing to the
fittings, for easier removal.  Of course, I don't want them to be so
well lubed that they fly off by themselves.  I have a boat that I
disconnect hoses every fall to add coolant, and then reconnect them
every spring for the boating season.  It would be nice if I didn't
have a wrestling match every fall.  I also have some old cars on
which I disconnect the lower radiator hose to drain the
radiator.  Yes, there's a drain, but it will probably snap off if I
try to use it.  Thanks.

-Steve