RE: roof repair

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: roof repair
From: "PJ McGarvey" <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 08:47:23 -0400
Is it a leak through the roofing materials, or is it just moisture showing up
on your ceiling on the 2nd floor?  AC unit, bathroom exhaust fan, water supply
pipes upstairs?  Vented roof?

Sounds pretty weird to me, near the dormer might be some bad rake flashing
that is channeling the water from one place to where the leak is showing up.
If you're determined, throw a tarp over that roof in that section from the
ridge down past where the leak shows up, see if it stops.

PJ

> Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 22:16:37 -0400> To: shop-talk@autox.team.net> From:
salbrigh@nycap.rr.com> Subject: roof repair> > > About 4 years ago we had our
roof replaced, because the 32 year old one leaked.> > The new one leaks in the
same places.> > We had the roofer back and several itinerant roofers as well,
with no success.> > we used 25 year shingles over " fire and ice" sealing
paper.> > still leaks somehow near the dormers.> > My question is:> > what
sort of professional should I call next?  an Architect? , > engineer? ,
plumber?> >   all the roofers just shrug their shoulders , and take a hundred
> bucks for looking, but dont find the leak.> > thanks> > Skip>
Search on the go: Try Windows Live(tm) Search for Mobile beta
http://www1.imagine-msn.com/minisites/mobile/Default.aspx?locale=en-us