Re: roof repair

To: shop-talk Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: roof repair
From: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 23:22:12 -0400
On Apr 11, 2006, at 10:16 PM, Skip Albright wrote:

> we used 25 year shingles over " fire and ice" sealing paper.

So yuo removed the old shingles?

> still leaks somehow near the dormers.

Can you post a link to outside pictures of where it leaks, and a shot
of what's upstream?

> My question is:
>
> what sort of professional should I call next?  an Architect? ,
> engineer? , plumber?

It's still going to be hit & miss. I'd find a good General Contractor,
or homebuiler. Someone who understands how systems work together, in
this case framing & roofing. Leaks rarely originate near the exit
point. You could have a leak yards away, and it runs down the fire &
ice until there's a fault in the layering.

Where are you located?

jim