Re: Shelving units

Subject: Re: Shelving units
From: "Bill Gilroy" <wmgilroy@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 21:09:14 -0800
This is what I did.  I had a high quality commercial unit that had 7 foot
uprights.  I cut them to 6' so the could fit in the crawl space.  I then set
them up with 3 shelves not 5.  I took the 2 extra pieces of press board and
made  a frame to hold them.  Then I purchased one of those HD units that can
make one 6 foot or two 3 foot units.  That gives me plenty of shelves in the
crawl space.  And the it was much quicker then building my own.

Then in my shed I put in one of the 5 shelf snap together resin units.  I
think I am covered for storage.

In the end it made more sense to buy units, faster, almost as cheap and I am
not really loading them with lots of weight so they should be fine.

-g