Re: Shelving units

Subject: Re: Shelving units
From: "Nolan" <foxtrapper@ispwest.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 05:46:13 -0500
Were I to do it all over again today, I would get the free standing shelves
like these:
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=101933-1281-CR4824&lpage=none
I have never had a problem with shelving units being too strong.  You can
buy a lighter weight much cheaper version at Walmart.  These units go
together quickly and easily, and are just as easily adjusted.  They are
quite rigid and stable.

I would not ever again buy this:
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=200449-1281-HDL301260&lpage=none
As flimsy as they used to be, they are tissue paper thin today, and collapse
under the weight of a single book.  These things take forever to assemble,
are effectively non-adjustable, and wobble.