Re: Shelving units

To: "Bill Gilroy" <wmgilroy@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Shelving units
From: Mike Lee - Team Banana Racing <mikel@ichips.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 09:47:27 -0800
I'm curious; are the crawlspaces you folks are using for storage "sealed" from
the outside, like a basement or cellar?  Our crawlspace is essentially a dirt
pit covered with black plastic (visqueen?), and vented to the outside on all
four sides.  Combined with the exposed insulation from the subfloor above, and
it is a pretty dusty environment that gets moist in the winter (humidity;
Pacific northwest).  I'd love to be able to use the crawlspace for storage, as
ours is ~7' tall (I have no idea why they didn't just finish it into a
basement, considering they built a ladder to get into it from the inside).
How are you folks sealing off those areas, or are your crawlspaces different
than what I am imagining?