The flood waters rise

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: The flood waters rise
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 04:58:15 -0500
Hello all.  I've got a long standing problem and I was hoping that maybe
someone here may have an answer.

I have a small apartment that is in a cinderblock constructed building
(with concrete floors.)

The building is at the bottom of a small hill.  The problem is that the
ground water seems to seep into the building about 3 or 4 times a year.
Now, I've paved around the building to help rain water get directed away
from the building, but it seems that the water is still getting in (from
undernear maybe?)

What can I do?  Is there a waterproof coating I can put on from the inside?
Do I need to rip up to aspalt and install some kind of drain system?

To make matters worst, I need to leave for AZ for 6 months in Jan and I
need to take care of this before then. I don't mind calling in a
professional, but how do you find someone that is not just a fly by
nighter?  (I've asked around and no one that I know can recommend anyone.)

Thanks.

Inch
http://megageek.com

 "Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war,
for a lead role in a cage?"  R Waters.