Re: Parking Lifts: Starting to get serious

To: Shop-Talk Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Parking Lifts: Starting to get serious
From: Bill Rabel <brabel@dlux.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 22:47:36 -0800
Peter Schauss wrote:

> I bought mine from Cytech (www.doublepark.net) in 1998.  I was able to
> assemble it myself with the help of a couple of floor jacks and I
> have had
> no problems with it since I installed it.  At the time I was
> looking for a
> lift, there were four major companies selling four post lifts.

Cytech is out of business. I had a lift on order for over a year, and
the owner kept stalling me. He said they were waiting for hydraulic
pumps, for aluminum, for steel, and once even said it was being
prepped for shipment. I expect he had a stack of orders and no source
of steel that was cheap enough to allow him to sell at a profit. I
had to threaten suit to get a refund. Nice guy, but he was blind-
sided by circumstances.

- Bill Rabel
   Anacortes, WA