Re: The flood waters rise

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The flood waters rise
From: Steve Shipley <shiples@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 21:01:09 -0800
My first house had the same problem.  From what the neighbors told
me, a previous owner had installed drain tile around the outside of
the foundation.  No good.  You could actually see the water squirt
out the seam between the concrete floor and the wall.  I eventually
rented a jackhammer and started breaking up the floor at the edge.
With a canal around the inside edge, and some plastic drain pipe
routed to a drain the underground river had a place to go.  Easier
to say than do.  I'm sure this project lasted a couple of years while
I decided what to do, and actually do it, and then watch it for a couple
of years until I was sure it was working well enough to cover.

I googled leaking basement repair and there are lots of sealers out
there.  But if the water level is higher than the floor it will find its way
in.  But given the time constraints, I'm afraid you're going to be trying
a sealant.  I'm sure there's a good product out there that may provide
a fix until another crack provides a path for the water.

Steve Shipley