Odd tire sizes, was: Where to buy '79 Kubota tractor wheels?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Odd tire sizes, was: Where to buy '79 Kubota tractor wheels?
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 17:11:25 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

Ok, I measured the tractor front & rear wheels, plus jotted down the tire
sizes...

Of course, the tire sizes are in some format I have _no_ idea how to
interpret...  The front tire is a "6-14".  The rear tire is a "9.5/9-24".

The last number is the rim diameter apparently... But I don't know what
the first numbers mean.  Does anyone else?

And, if you're interested, the front rim is a 14" rim with a 6 on 4.75"
bolt pattern, ~ 6" wide.  The rear rim is a 24" rim with a 6 on 6" bolt
pattern, ~ 8" wide.

Thanks again!

Mark