Re: Ground Source Heat Pumps (Was Shop heater)

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ground Source Heat Pumps (Was Shop heater)
From: "E. John Puckett" <ejpuckett@centurytel.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 18:01:33 -0600
since my power company is a private company rather than a coop they do
not provide nay type of discount for Geothermal heating systems, or any
type of comparisons, but I installed one anyway about 16 years ago.
Having plenty of available ground I did elect to go with the horizontal
loop system.  My only maintenance has been the Super D pump (circulates
to the hot water heater) failed under warranty, and I have had to add
water to the ground loop twice.  I do use the high filtration air
filters and have had them come ut twice to routine/clean it, and both
times they checked it and said there was no cleaning needed.  I'm a
happy customer.  It did cost about 30% more to instal than just gas
heat, but it includes air-conditioning, which would have ahd to be
purchased in addition to the gas system, so cost was about the same.

--
 John
another one of them