Ground Source Heat Pumps (Was Shop heater)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Ground Source Heat Pumps (Was Shop heater)
From: BSHolden@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:44:54 EST
Google <Waterfurnace> to find over 40,000 references to GSHP's.  When I built
this house in 94 I had a Waterfurnace brand unit installed. I also  sprung
for the hot water option, which during the cooling season provides  "free" hot
water by dumping the excess heat from the house into the water heater  before
shedding the remainder into the ground loop.
As for the ground loop part: There are three options that I know of
including vertical, horizontal, or surface water. My installer recommended  the
vertical option because it requires less excavation than the horizontal
configuration, and because there is no pond or lake nearby for the surface
water  system.
  It has been a great system for me here in central Iowa and according  to
the local power company the added cost of the system was recouped in ~6  years.

>From a happy customer,

Bart Holden