20# propane tanks - half full or half empty???

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: 20# propane tanks - half full or half empty???
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 07:47:54 -0600
At Christmas we have a crowd at my house. To help with overflow I always wrap
my screened porch with poly to block the wind and put two propane 25K infrared
heaters out there.  in 280 weather it stays around 70... good for the smokers
and those that don't like "togetherness".

Now my question... I have two tanks that I filled last year and used.. I'm
wondering how much is left for this year.. don't want to run out but don't
want to go swap for a full one and waste "my" gas...

how can I tell how much is left...??
can you just 'top off' and pay for what it takes ??
I think most places are just exchange now.. aren't they ??

thanks
john

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in
good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be
treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to
discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin.
But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and
nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who
says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We
have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag,
which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it
excludes any foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room
for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room
for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to...Theodore Roosevelt 1907