Re: Lead battery adapters

To: Shop-Talk Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lead battery adapters
From: Bill Rabel <brabel@dlux.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 10:29:00 -0800

shop-talk supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
http://fatchancegarage.com

> I've been using a Miata replacement battery from Westco for a few
> years in my 67.5 Datsun Roadster.. Last time I bought one it was
> about $65, including shipping, rather than the $110+ that Mazda gets.

Miata batteries from Mazda have a tubing system to vent the gases out
of the trunk. The replacement battery would be great for secondary
uses, but I was cautioned to use the original equipment type as a
replacement.

I'm aware that this doesn't have anything to do with the subject at
hand, but I hate for Mazda to get a black eye over this.

- Bill Rabel
   Anacortes, WA