Re: Lead battery adapters

To: Nolan Penney <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Subject: Re: Lead battery adapters
From: Pat Horne <pjhorne@mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 06:59:49 -0600

shop-talk supported in part by Fat Chance Garage
http://fatchancegarage.com

I've been using a Miata replacement battery from Westco for a few years
in my 67.5 Datsun Roadster.. Last time I bought one it was about $65,
including shipping, rather than the $110+ that Mazda gets.

The battery is quite light and small and I can carry it around in one
hand over the top of it. It is a gelled electrolyte battery and can be
mounted in any orientation, even upside down. There is a nipple on it
for a vent hose if it is mounted in an enclosed location.

--
-- Support Habitat for Humanity - a hand UP, not a hand OUT --