What a day.

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: What a day.
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 19:16:36 -0400
Well, I spend the day working on my 95 Voyage.  The paint has flaked off
the roof, and the roof is severly rusted.  Have the same problem on my
89.  So lucky me,  I get to paint both vans, upheeee!!!!!

Anyway, I'm out there sanding, and finally my kids came out to help.  So
I actually got some what of a breather.  I guess I started sanding about
9:30am.  Anyway, I came inside to check on something, and then one of the
boys came in and said the sanders (both the inline and DA) were slowing
down and not cutting.

I go out, and the pressure gauge on the compressor said about 40psi.  No
wonder the tools are slowing down.  But the question is why is the air
pressure so low?  Did I throw the belt, trash the actual compress -
seize the bearings, or did I loose the motor?

Preliminary checks - 220 to the pressure switch, and 220V out to the
motor, says I lose the motor. A very big bummer! :(

So here I sit with about 1/2 the roof sanded.  So I know what I'm doing
tomorrow.  Taking the day off work, to see if anyone can check out the
motor for me.  Is it the caps, or something else?

Oh happy days!!!

John

Phone:  (757) 495-8229

                       65 Rambler Classic