Re: Questions on Emissions

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Questions on Emissions
From: "Timothy R. Hoerning" <hoerni@cooper.edu>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 10:53:19 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 9 Sep 2005, Bob Spidell wrote:

> BTW, you can check the engine codes (inc. O2) without a code reader/scanner,
> but since the MIL isn't lit (I presume) it won't tell you much in this case.
>
> bs

        I don't know about jeeps, but I do know for a chevy TPI system it won't
light the light.  O2 sensor readings are what it considers soft conditions.
It only lights the light for hard conditions (althought it will report the
error codes).  So it may be be worth checking the codes.

                Tim
Tim Hoerning  /  hoerni@cooper.edu
'91 Honda VFR 750, '84 Honda VT500 Ascot, '73 Honda CB350G Super Sport
'87 Chevy El Camino,  '90 Plymouth Laser