Re: Gravel driveways... Am I kidding myself?

To: nick brearley <nick@landform.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Gravel driveways... Am I kidding myself?
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:55:50 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, nick brearley wrote:
> It all depends how much time you have and how masochistic you feel. Why
> not start with the driveway widening first of all? That way you'll get a
> feel for what's involved. If you then decide to bring in a contractor
> he'll be glad you did the awkward part of the job yourself.

You've officially read our minds... :-)

After talking with my dad and my wife, we all decided the full project was
too big a chunk to bite off, so we're going to do the driveway widening
and a trailer parking pad.  I.e. 1500 - 2000 sq. feet instead of 7k...
And, like you said, we figured that our equipment would be more
appropriate for the fairly narrow driveway widening work.

> Looks a nice property on a useful sized lot. First time you back a large
> truck down the driveway you'll be glad you widened it.

I'll be glad every time I back our 24' enclosed trailer down the
driveway... :-)

Thanks!

Mark