Propane tanks

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Propane tanks
From: "PJ McGarvey" <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 16:32:08 -0400
Is it common to see propane tanks that perform differently?  I've often
wondered why when using my gas grill, one day "low" will be way too much
heat, and "high" the next time is just right.  Only when I tried to use a
space heater in my garage this past winter and a outdoor lamp heater
recently did I seem to noticed that from one tank to the next, performance
stinks.  The space heater would barely get red hot using a particular tank.
Both were filled at the same time, and were kept in the same conditions,
etc.  These are the 20lb variety.  Something with the valve I assume?

Just wondering, since I'll now need to mark which tank I have to use for the
shop space heater for the future.

Thanks,
PJ