Re: My cordless drill is dead

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My cordless drill is dead
From: geoff_m@bigfoot.com
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 09:35:48 +1200
The battery pack on the DeWalts seems to be their weak point. I have 2
18v DW drills and the clips that hold the battery in are weedy. The
drills are ok, if overpriced here in New Zealand, but the battery
system could have been a lot better. For a lot of the roofing work I
used to do, I used Black and Decker drills. Cheap enough that if they
fell off the ladder, or went walking on site (a common occurrence), I
wouldn't cry to long over it....
Be worthwhile pulling it apart and seeing what can be done. Wonder if
you could rig up an external battery pack (bum bag or something) with
a lead to the drill? Probably give you more battery life as well.
Geoff