Shop lighting-l.e.d.s?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Shop lighting-l.e.d.s?
From: "Chas. Schlismann" <racegt6@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 18:16:35 -0800 (PST)
Hi guys,
Looking to improve the lighting in an approx. 28' x 36' area of my shop.
Requirements: start in cold (heat is off unless we're working); brightness;
diffuse light; daylight color temp. (or close-cooler is better for my eyes);
reasonable operating cost.  Yes, I want it all.

Seeing as l.e.d. lighting is nigh ubiquitous, I would think there must be
something out there for shop lighting but I sure can't locate it. I could go
fluorescent, even HO tubes (good brightness, but use a lot of power).  Or the
small tubes (T8?).

I'm currently using a combination of daylight incandescent and fluorescent.  My
old welder eyes can't take the shadows. Yes, I'll be painting the floor white
soon to reflect light up.
TIA, Charlie