Re: Workshop Floor

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Workshop Floor
From: BSHolden@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 12:32:41 EST
All;
  My 30'x36' shop floor was "smooth finished" by 1 guy using only a  hand
trowel. It was impressive to watch him work. Especially so since  he had to
slightly slope the floor to a centrally located floor drain. The  surface is
kinda
slick when wet but is very easily swept.
  On the other hand, I had the alley way and wash stall of the  horse area
broom finished to enhance traction. And that area is a B^t%# to  sweep clean.
  As an amateur, I certainly would not attempt to smooth finish any  sized
area because it is possible to overwork the concrete to the point that you
bring the coarse aggregates to the surface which results in a rough surface.
BTDT
20+ years ago on a small project.
Bottom line: I would not hesitate to hire a pro to do the work. It's  hard
work and experience counts for a project that is "set in stone".

Bart Holden