Wireless Internet Networks

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Wireless Internet Networks
From: "Steve Hammatt" <GSteve@hammatt.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 22:42:12 -0800
Slightly on topic.  Trying to hook up wireless
between my home office (in a guest house)
and my shop (near by) and our upstairs computer
in our house (a few more feet away).  I've tested the
wireless router (a new Belkin 802.11g) unit and have
a very weak signal especially in the house.  Unfortunately
it is impossible to economically trench in some cables so
we're looking at improving the wireless method.  I'm pretty
sure that if I can find an exterior (meaning outside, not external)
antenna that could be fed off the Belkin base transmitter/receiver
unit) and a similar exterior antenna that could be connected
directly to the Ethernet card in the house computer located
upstairs, this should result in a good to excellent connect rate
to the remote desktop.

Is my thinking in the right direction?  Any suggestions for exactly
what antennas I'm in need of?  It looks like my new Belkin
Wireless Router does not have removable antennas.......so I'll
probably have to switch out the unit for another router.....any
suggestions here?

Super thanks.
Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA