Re: pumping oil

To: Eric J Russell <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Subject: Re: pumping oil
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 01:16:06 -0500
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 14:23:51 -0500, Eric J Russell <ejrussell@mebtel.net> wrote:

> Any ideas on gadgets for refilling gearboxes, differentials, etc. with oil?
>
> I tried a device I got at Auto Zone - sort of like a large ketchup dispenser
> that one inserts into a gallon jug of oil. Stick a length of plastic tubing
> onto the 'spout' and press the pump down to push a few ounces of oil up &
> out the tubing. It does work but very tedious...
>
> There must be something better out there for a home mechanic.

If you're willing to use 5 gallon pails of oil, there are any number
of pumps available.

I use one of the gallon bottle pumps.  It works fine, most of the
time.  If it's cold, it's much improved by heating the contents.
However, I'm rarely adding more than a few ounces at a time at home.
--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com