RE: battery backup sump pumps

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: battery backup sump pumps
From: "Mullen, Tim \(IIS\)" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 13:13:22 -0500
Larry wrote:

> FYI, I've been in over 6,500 homes.  EVERY home I've
> ever seen with a basement water issue was due to
> surface water running into the basement.

It all depends on where you live.  When I lived in Cheyenne Wyoming, the
neighborhood I lived in had basement water problems.  No rain, middle of
drought, and the sump pumps would run.  There was claims of an
"underground river" that went through the area.  I don't know about
that, but when we moved about three blocks away (actually at a lower
altitude, we never had a water problem - in fact, our house didn't even
have a sump pump.

It can be the water level, and not just run off...

Tim Mullen
Chantilly, VA - with no basement now (high water table).