Re: relocating a water heater

To: scott.hall@comcast.net
Subject: Re: relocating a water heater
From: Chris K <ckotting@wideopenwest.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 13:43:37 -0500
Scott -

The only issue in terms of water pressure is whether it will get up to
the heater.  If it gets there, it will be fine.  Now whether there will
be any other issues (water heater in an uninsulated space, adequate
venting if it's gas, fire safety) depends a lot on the situation up in
the attic and your local building codes.

On the water pressure, a simple check would be to grab a garden hose,
hook it up to a hose bib, haul the other end up over the roof and turn
it on.  If it looks like there's adequate flow out the end of the hose
for a shower, then there's going to be adequate flow for the heater.

Chris K.