Re: parts cleaners

To: <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: parts cleaners
From: "Elton Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 12:39:20 -0500
From: "Bruce Wolfe (wolfe)" <wolfe@cisco.com>

> Check out www.omegasonics.com for a source of ultrasonic cleaning
machines.
> I have no affiliation with them. They were mentioned in a Popular
Mechanics
> article that Jay Leno wrote. September 2004.

I've been using a benchtop ultrasonic cleaner made for jewelers for years.
It's about a 1.5 gallon size and it does an amazing job of cleaning.  My
jeweler buddy uses "Simple Green" with a dash of ammonia for jewelry
cleaning . . I wish I know more about what solutions to use on aluminum,
zinc, and copper . . I'll probably just stick with dishwashing detergents
until I learn more.   "Omegasonics" sells solutions but they are $100 a
bucket!

Tony in Texas